Variation on a Theme


Flowers and Vintage Books...

Yesterday I went a bit mad with the camera and took 500
 shots of a few flowers from my neighbour's garden (none in mine at the moment sadly...).
 Rather than go mad and post them in one go,I'll split 
them into different themes and posts.

I gave myself 2 hours and based the shots on flowers with
a stack of vintage books and postcards.
The postcard on view in these shots is one of my 
favourites because of the beautiful script.

The other cards in the pile are gifts from 
Private Quine of Shepherd's Bush, London, to his
wife and daughters Win and Doll. 
They were all written from his his 7th London Regiment,
 no 15 camp, le Havre in 1916.
When I actually turned them over and read this, 
I found it very moving and touching. I wonder if he ever made it home to Win and Doll....

This little post is dedicated to the memory of them...



caroline davis stylist, trend daily blog, flowers, vintage, styling details




caroline davis stylist, trend daily blog, flowers, vintage, styling details




caroline davis stylist, trend daily blog, flowers, vintage, styling details




caroline davis stylist, trend daily blog, flowers, vintage, styling details




caroline davis stylist, trend daily blog, flowers, vintage, styling details




caroline davis stylist, trend daily blog, flowers, vintage, styling details




caroline davis stylist, trend daily blog, flowers, vintage, styling details



Comments

  1. Oh so beautiful, Caroline! Just stunning, and I love the story behind the cards. I find your photos very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely thing to say Lauren-Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such elegant penmanship! Very romantic / dramatic styling. I wonder if prints out of our old emails will have the same effect in years to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MMm, yes, I think not!! just not quite the same are they!! :-)

      Delete
  4. wow! These are absolutely extraordinary! Truly! You are so talented! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are becoming quite the photographer! Love the close ups from straight above...
    (PS thanks for including me in your blogroll!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My absolute pleasure Ursula-where else could I possibly go to remind me to get cracking for Evie and Gabriel-but you'll be able to see that in September! xx

      Delete
  6. The story behind the postcards is so touching, all the pics are beautiful Caroline especially love the overhead shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm beginning to be very grateful to your neighbours as they supply no end of beautiful plants for your lovely lovely pictures x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. !!! You're so right! And thank you lovely xx

      Delete
  8. As always, I love your attention to details and the thoughtful stories behind your stylings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa, these are beautiful! I hope you showed your neighbor what masterpieces their flowers turned into! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million Amanda!! :-)Yes I did!! :-)

      Delete
  10. Dear Caroline,
    this photos are so wonderful and romantic!
    Wish you a nice day,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Yvonne! Finally we have some sun like you!! Enjoy your weekend :-)

      Delete
  11. These are so grew Caroline! The emotion you feel towards Private Quine's letters really come through the images. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million Holly-yes the postcards are so simple but so touching... Have a lovely weekend! :-)

      Delete
  12. Yes, rather love the whole story, the neighbours, those intimate postcards, your styling and great photography. Team efforts are always best!

    Great post lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this series of photos - beautiful! Visiting from BYW2.0

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts